Conair is the leading producer of auxiliary equipment for plastics processing in the world. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Assembler performs the tasks associated with both mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies in the final assembly of equipment for Conair, Republic Machine, or Thermal Care brand products. The assembly role builds, tests, and repairs industrial machinery for our customers. This role requires good mechanical aptitude for the production of precision parts and assemblies. This position reports to the production team leaders and is located in our assembly plant in Franklin, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble equipment to engineering drawings, schematics, and IPEG standards, based on work orders or production schedules, according to specifications;
- Perform quality checks on products and parts;
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications;
- Position or align components for assembly;
- Rework, repair, or replace damaged parts or assemblies;
- Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies, using hand/electric/pneumatic tools;
- Layout and sometimes manufacture precision parts involved with assemblies and sub-assemblies;
- Verbally report progress and problems to the team leader in a professional manner;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment through a continued program of daily sweeping and general cleaning;
- Be a positive team member with a good honest work ethic;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Position typically expects six (6) to ten (10) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of position;
- Mechanical or electrical work experience;
- Moderate knowledge of general manufacturing with good mechanical aptitude;
- Basic math skills;
- Relies on verbal and written instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job;
- Works under moderate supervision;
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment;
- Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with change;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Must maintain composure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with management in analyzing product line assembly efficiency;
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required;
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- You will be expected to occasionally (1% to 20% of the time):
- Lift objects from one level to another (50 lbs. or less)
- Carry objects (30 lbs. or less)
- Sit in a normal seated position
- Climb stairs, ramps, ladders, etc.
- You will be expected to frequently (21% to 50% of the time):
- Walk around the facility on foot
- Stoop/crouch by bending your legs or bending down/forward at the waist
- Reach by extending the hands/arms
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- You will be expected to constantly (at least 51% of the time):
- Stand on your feet
- Understand, remember, apply, and communicate oral and/or written instructions or information
- Understand and follow basic instructions
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Apply common sense
Conair Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org