Do you want to join a well-respected, established, industry leading company? At Conair, we are harnessing the power of our employees to learn, innovate, to charter our path to Excellence.
As a Conair regional sales manager you will play an active and vital role in the success of our customers by providing them collaborative support and industry expertise as their primary sales contact. If you’re excited about sharing your knowledge, working with customers, exploring new technologies, and traveling to new destinations, this opportunity is yours!
At Conair, we make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for providing sales leadership and management of opportunities and serving as a primary point of contact for regional sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will have total responsibility of managing sales and agents in the territory, to achieve quotas, and goals. This position will report to the National Sales Manager and is located in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, coordinate and manage all sales activities in the territory;
- Direct and be responsible for assigned manufacturers’ representatives in his territory of responsibility;
- Coordinate with all support sales groups within the company;
- Analyze sales data to determine sales strategy for the territory;
- Promote and execute corporate sales and marketing plans as determined by the company;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (or related field) and/or ten (10)+ years of direct work experience without formal education;
- Position typically expects five (5)+ years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of position;
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services;
- Ability to effectively evaluate and respond appropriately to situations to the benefit of the customer; strong sense of urgency; ability to multitask and strong organizational skills;
- Strong leadership, team-building skills;
- Must develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- You will be expected to occasionally (1% to 20% of the time):
- Lift objects from one level to another (30 lbs. or less)
- Carry objects (30 lbs. or less)
- Climb stairs, ramps, ladders. etc.
- Stoop/crouch by bending your legs or bending down/forward at the waist
- Reach by extending the hands/arms
- Stand on your feet
- You will be expected to frequently (21% to 50% of the time):
- Walk around the facility on foot
- Sit in a normal seated position
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- You will be expected to constantly (at least 51% of the time):
- Travel (60%)
- Understand, remember, apply, and communicate oral and/or written instructions or information
- Understand and follow basic instructions
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Apply common sense
Conair Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com