IPEG, Inc. is a family of world-leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG is also a corporate entity which provides best in class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers. Our businesses include Conair, the leading producer of auxiliary equipment for plastics processing, Thermal Care, a leading provider of industrial heat transfer solutions, and Republic Machine, a recognized expert for single-shaft shredding solutions.
The Senior Buyer provides sourcing, commodity, and supply base management expertise to ensure that all aspects of the sourcing process meet IPEG’s quality, surety of supply, and cost to meet corporate procurement requirements. This position reports to the Director of Purchasing and is located in Franklin, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procure inventory, supplies, and capital goods for production processes;
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams to develop strategies to source assigned commodity-based items at the lowest total cost of ownership;
- Support sourcing activities in collecting and analyzing spend data, developing and evaluating RFPs, and evaluating and selecting suppliers;
- Conduct negotiations and issue contracts/agreements in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations within the guidelines of IPEG Strategic Sourcing Policies and Procedures;
- Lead and/or organize all necessary supplier audits including commercial, financial, and technical;
- Keep records of all acquisitions to ensure that purchases remain within budget and on schedule;
- Maintain requisitions, purchase orders, acknowledgements, and resolve invoice issues;
- Monitor items received, issued and returned to ensure accuracy of inventory;
- Provide regular updates and reports to the sourcing and management staff on cost improvements and new technologies or services;
- Actively develop, track, and complete material cost reduction projects via VA/VE methods, supplier substitution, and negotiations;
- Actively monitor and manage inventory level to minimize turns/dollars while ensuring necessary part availability;
- Actively and aggressively track and communicate with suppliers on quality, OTD, and cost issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field and/or ten (10)+ years of direct work experience without formal education;
- Position typically expects ten (10)+ years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of position;
- Technical purchasing and sourcing skills;
- Works under minimal supervision;
- Primary job functions typically require exercising independent judgment;
- Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with change;
- Self-motivated and self-managing individual;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to calculate and analyze financial data such as ROI, Make vs. Buy, and other commercial requirements;
- Must be able to multitask;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with PCs.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- You will be expected to occasionally (1% to 20% of the time):
- Lift objects from one level to another (50 lbs. or less)
- Carry objects (30 lbs. or less)
- Stand on your feet
- Climb stairs, ramps, ladders, etc.
- Stoop/crouch by bending your legs or bending down/forward at the waist
- Reach by extending the hands/arms
- Travel (negligible)
- You will be expected to frequently (21% to 50% of the time):
- Walk around the facility on foot
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- You will be expected to constantly (at least 51% of the time):
- Sit in a normal seated position
- Understand, remember, apply, and communicate oral and/or written instructions or information
- Understand and follow basic instructions
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Apply common sense
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org