Conair is the leading producer of auxiliary equipment for plastics processing in the world. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Account Manager is responsible for providing technical sales support for Conair products to customers and field sales personnel. This role requires technical knowledge of Conair equipment and internal processes. To be successful in this role, the Account Manager must interact with many internal customers such as, regional managers, product managers, sales representatives, engineers, etc. The Account Manager will also interact directly with our external customers including, but not limited to, their purchasing departments, engineering departments, operations departments, and with equipment suppliers to provide the required technical sales support. This position will report to the Technical Sales Supervisor and is located in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer unit business sales activities within a specific territory, which includes planning and interfacing with the sales representative, regional managers, and product managers to determine a successful strategy for each opportunity.
- Understand and interpret technical requirements based on application information to satisfy the customer.
- Coordinate with internal support groups as needed to achieve a successful strategy and outcome for each opportunity (may include engineering, service, accounting, manufacturing, and shipping);
- Prepare quotations based upon technical application requirements;
- Maintain sales related software packages (CRM) needed to manage customer opportunities and Conair knowledge base on each existing and potential customer;
- Manage incoming phone calls from the sales line;
- Maintain and improve quality and accuracy results by following the proper order processing procedures, and recommend improved policies and procedures;
- Communicate the value of Conair features and benefits to customers and external personnel;
- Develop an understanding of the plastics industry in order to direct the customer to the appropriate Conair product offering;
- Accomplish department and organizational goals by accepting ownership and accountability for new requests and projects and exploring opportunities to add value to the organization;
- Develop or improve job knowledge by learning new product, understanding applications, end-markets and participating in educational opportunities;
- Some travel to trade shows and customer facilities is required;
- Understand and reinforce the values of the Conair mission statement;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or three (3)+ years of direct work experience;
- Knowledge of sales related software packages such as Salesforce (CRM), BigMachines and SAP is a plus;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to analyze and interpret business correspondence;
- Ability to effectively evaluate and respond appropriately to situations to the benefit of the customer; strong sense of urgency;
- Strong interpersonal skills and driven to provide high-quality customer service;
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- General computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.;
- Must develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others;
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Programs, including 15% discount on health care premiums
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Annual Profit Sharing Opportunity
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Opportunities
- Employee Suggestion Program with Cash Rewards
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Social & Holiday Events
Conair Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com